Fall/Spring Internship 2018-19
“This internship helped me to further develop my time management skills, and well learning how to effectively communicate ideas and problems that arise. Additionally, I learned to test out different practices to see what works best.” – Former Intern
The WeINSPIRE Spring Internship program is built for talented college, graduate students, or community members looking for an enriching volunteer-internship opportunity. As WeINSPIRE Social Media Coordinator and Program Coordinator, the interns use the tools of social media and community outreach to instantly reach like-minded people and reinvigorate community-focused action. Volunteer internships are an important step in the development of a professional and WeINSPIRE is committed to providing quality learning opportunities for our volunteer interns.
WeINSPIRE’s Social Media Coordinator Intern
Timeframe: September-December (Fall Semester 2018)
Commitment: 15-20 hrs/ week
The social media phenomenon isn’t even a decade old and your Grandmother has already friend requested you on Facebook and tweeted @ your followers. As a Social Media Coordinator Intern with the international inspirational WeINSPIRE Movement, you will play a central role in social media development, marketing strategy, and more. You will also have the creative freedom to develop various types of content creation, and social media execution.
• Brainstorm and draft inspirational content for social media platforms
• Implement the social media campaign
• Research and identify "influencers" for social media/PR initiatives
• Create and update a list consisting of all social media channels for people/organizations we communicate with
• Engage followers across our social media platforms
• Maintain communications calendar
• Regularly analyze and report on digital engagement metrics
• The candidate will work directly with the CEO.
• A creative and responsible self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration with a team
• Detail-oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with mainstream social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn; basic photo-editing abilities a plus
• Familiarity with Hootsuite or similar social media management tools a plus
- Prior experience
- College Sophomore and up
- Photography, Photoshop (or Lightroom), and some graphic design skills are a plus.
- Social Media, Marketing, Graphic Design
Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
WeINSPIRE’s Program Coordinator Intern
Timeframe: September-December (Fall/Spring Semester 2018-19)
Commitment: 15-20 hrs/ week
- Work directly with the CEO to develop, plan and execute fundraising campaigns, events and activities to achieve our fundraising goal
- Provide administrative support and coordination for WeINSPIRE Ambassador program
- Basic research and analysis of potential grants
- Coordinate logistics for the quarterly board of director’s meetings
- Collect, compile, and report out on various types of program data
- Develop an internship manual and promotional material and updates as needed
- Write and prepare a monthly electronic newsletter
- Supporting special projects as/if requested.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrated high attention to detail
- Must be a self-starter and possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Must be detail-oriented, with effective organizational and project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects/tasks and deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
If this sounds like the internship for you, we'd love to hear it and make it happen. Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org